I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!”– Psalm 122:1 Friends, how good it is for us to begin gathering again for worship and mission! Who among us would have guessed that we would have to worship virtually or outside our sanctuary building for thirty-two Sundays this year? Though we know we are to “let ourselves be built into a spiritual house” (1 Peter 2:5), how good it is to have gatherings for worship, each Sunday, at 11 a.m. The Worship Committee and Church Council are working together to implement our plans for worship. Their plans include:
- Usher managed entry, exit, seating
- Restrict access via side wall aisle to pews, all seating to occur via two main center aisles
- Usher managed member/visitor check in list
- Usher body count to be increased to manage above
- Masks required, available if needed
- Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes will be at arms length most everywhere
- Attendee’s will be requested to wipe off hard surfaces in their seated area prior to exit
- Install social distance floor markers through out sanctuary, narthex
- Install “not this pew” seating signage to maintain social distancing
- All doors-front, back, sides to remain open during service to improve air circulation
- Offering receptacles to be placed in narthex
- No congregational singing, only recorded choir singing, exemplifying social distancing
- Signage to be placed on Welcome Center, double hallway doors “Don’t go in there”
- Place multiple trash receptacles in narthex for disposable masks, wipes, etc.
Let us renew our prayer for one another in this time:
- for those who are ready to return and those who aren’t yet ready;
- for those who are or have been ill during these past few months and for those who have experienced grief, loneliness, and/or depression;
- for compassion and patience with each other as we reconnect socially;
- for the health and well-being of our neighbors,
- and for the unity of our congregation to respond to God’s call yet again in these days ahead.
I look forward to seeing you soon. Grace and Peace, Pastor Michael
Stay Tuned for Updates!
Food with Friends ministry leaders will meet soon to determine a start date “drive-thru” version of Food with Friends.
What a joy to worship in the Sanctuary again!
Our next UMW gathering will be Wednesday, November 18th, 11:00am in the Assembly Room. We will have a CRAFT BRAG AND SWAP. Bring samples of the crafts you have been making while stuck at home. Show off your projects, admire other’s gifted work, and Swap or Trade. Forget the brown bag. We’re going to potluck it. Bring your favorite fall recipe to share. Don’t forget your masks! Please, RSVP to assure adequate seating.
Diane Fisher, Chairperson